Improving Health Status/Wellness
IMPROVING HEALTH STATUS/WELLNESS
- IBC will promote increased health care education in Iowa businesses, their employees, and employees’ families
- IBC will advocate for quality programs in Iowa preK-12 schools that offer daily physical education activity and promote healthy living for all children - in particular, PE4life
- IBC will encourage every member to commit to a meaningful wellness program promoting nutrition, exercise, improved health habits, and health literacy, creating a culture of wellness in the workplace while encouraging other Iowa businesses to do likewise.
- IBC Members will share best practices in wellness initiatives, to assist companies in implementing the most effective programs with measurable results
- IBC will encourage the increased use of proven techniques to better manage chronic disease, promote healthier lifestyles, and reduce the utilization of health care services.