Lean Government Collaborative
LEAN GOVERNMENT COLLABORATIVE
The Iowa Business Council will maintain representation on the Lean Government Collaborative in order to provide support, advice, and vision as needed. IBC fully endorses continuous process improvement across all segments of government in Iowa.
Iowa Partners in Efficiency Award
This annual award was established to recognize the employees or the work units in any political subdivision of local, county, or state government that, through the use of Lean tools and techniques, significantly and measurably increases productivity and promotes innovation that improves the delivery of public services to benefit the citizens of Iowa and the private sector. The purpose for creating this award is:
- to publicly acknowledge and highlight outstanding efforts at efficiency, productivity, cost avoidance, and waste elimination in government;
- to improve regulatory processes and performance targets;
- to drive economic competitiveness;
- to foster better work environments; and,
- to develop leaders and innovators with a bias for action.
Office of Lean Enterprise - Performance Results Division, Iowa Department of Management
IBC strongly supports full staffing of the Office of Lean Enterprise. Having a dedicated advocate for continuous process improvement within the executive branch has produced an enormous return-on-investment for Iowa since 2003, when the Council collaborated with the Department of Natural Resources to conduct the first Lean event in state government. Over 100 Lean events later, significant long-term benefits are accruing to state departments and agencies and the Iowa constituencies they serve.